Projects :: viWord
A Microsoft Word template that contains a set of macros that gives you the ability to use vi/vim -like keystrokes in Word. Perfect for vi-fingers who seldom leave the home row of the keyboard.
Latest version: 0.5 [download]
Many of vim's keys are not implemented for a number of reasons. Firstly, the 90/10 rule states that we should achieve 90% of the functionality in 10% of the time. Secondly, it works for me. Finally, it would be quite difficult to implement some of the advanced features available in other vi clones.
- Switching from Normal to Insert: i, I, a, A, o, O, s, c
- Insert to Normal: Esc
- Search: /, ?, n, N
- Command mode: :w :q :wq :q!
- Repeat last command: '.'
- Delete current line: dd
- Delete to end-of-line: C, D
- Movements: G,h,j,k,l,w,e,b,^,$,0,Ctrl-F,Ctrl-B
- Undo, Redo: u, Ctrl-R
- Editing: x,X
- Count-movement: 10-j (move down 10 lines)
- Paste: p
- Delete word: dw, db
- goto line by using 1G, nG, G, :n
- Toggle case: ~
Don't try anything else! But if you do and it breaks, let me know by email or post a message on the blog.